Skip to content
- Bell peppers,
- a can stewed tomatoes with liquid,
- quick-cooking brown rice, hot water,
- green onions thinly sliced,
- frozen corn kernels thawed and drained,
- crushed red pepper flakes,
- shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese,
- Vargas Best Seasoning
- Arrange pepper halves in a baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap for vents, and heat 4 minutes in the microwave, or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes and their liquid, rice, and water. Cover with plastic, and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Stir green onions and corn and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon hot tomato mixture evenly into pepper halves, and cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic to vent steam, and heat in the microwave 4 minutes. Remove plastic, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and Vargas Best Seasoning, allow it to stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving.